Yeborobo was the first South African robot in a Robot Wars competition, fighting in the Second World Championship, filmed during Robot Wars Extreme: Series 1 and Extreme Warriors: Season 1, the only competition it fought in its robot combat career.
"Yeborobo" is a play on the Zulu phrase "Yebo gogo," which literally translates to "yes, granny" but was used in South Africa as an all-purpose greeting.
Yeborobo was a black battering ram shaped robot, very similar to UK competitor The Steel Avenger. Its primary weapon was a pneumatic pickaxe. At the back of the robot it had a rear conveyor lifter, and was decorated with boggle-eyes on the back. It was powered by two truck windscreen wipers, but could only reach a top speed of 3mph.
Extreme 1/US Season 1Edit
- "I think it will be, Yeborobo and out!"
- — Jonathan Pearce's prediction that ultimately proved correct
Yeborobo was placed up against Philipper (representing Belgium), Tornado (representing the United Kingdom) and American champion Panzer Mk 2 in the first round of the Second World Championship. It struggled to even enter the arena, starting the battle deep inside a CPZ. Once in the arena, it did not move at all. After Refbot made efforts to nudge it to life, it was dragged onto the arena floor flipper by Dead Metal. Refbot counted Yeborobo out and it was thrown by the arena floor flipper, landing on top of Tornado. With ten seconds to go, Yeborobo was pitted by Tornado.
|YEBOROBO - RESULTS|
|Extreme Series 1/US Season 1|
|The Second World Championship|
Representing Republic of South Africa, Heat
|Heat||vs. Panzer Mk 2 (USA), Philipper (BEL), Tornado (UK)||Eliminated|
- Wins: 0
- Losses: 1
- Yeborobo was one of only two robots in Robot Wars history to represent South Africa, the other being Crushtacean.
- In the Robot Wars Extreme: The Official Guide, Yeborobo was notable for being the only robot listed with a turning circle greater than zero.
- Yeborobo is one of only five robots to fight at least two past or future domestic champions in a single battle. The others to do this are 13 Black and the other robots in Yeborobo's Second World Championship heat: Tornado, Philipper and Panzer Mk 2.
- Because Yeborobo was the only robot in its Heat not to be a Champion, it is the only robot to have fought three domestic champions in a single battle.
- Yeborobo has never fought a robot that was not a domestic champion.