- "As long as we don't do anything stupid in the early rounds we have a good a chance as anyone. Our robot is fast, manoeuvrable, and not overly complicated. I believe that these are a winning combination. But to answer your question I will be happy with a place in the semi final."
- — The Team's high hopes for the robot, ultimately unrealised
Undertaker was wedge-shaped in design, resembling a coffin, hence its grim name. The team claimed that Undertaker could pull a Land Rover, and it was painted so that the armour looked like wood, but it was in fact made of 2mm thick T6 aircraft-grade aluminium and travelled on go-kart wheels at 15mph. Undertaker looked a lot like Gravedigger, but with a scythe that functioned as an axe as its weapon, rather than a flipping arm.
In its only battle, Undertaker was drawn up against Panzer.
Immediately, Undertaker suffered from mobility issues, as it arced inside of its own circumference, only able to turn on its left side. Undertaker then edged underneath Panzer, but was suddenly shot onto its side by the Arena Spike, with only a nudge from Panzer righting it. Undertaker continued to face a barrage of hits from the arena hazard, before it was pushed across the arena floor by Panzer.
- "Undertaker flicked up by the Arena Spike and bounced around like some grisly toy out there!"
- — Jonathan Pearce
Still unable to move freely, Undertaker couldn't move away from the arena wall, which allowed Panzer to drive up the front of Undertaker. Panzer then resumed to pushing Undertaker - with Undertaker's armour penetrated by Panzer's front spikes in the process. Undertaker attempted to push back at Panzer when its tracked opponent drove up its wedge again, but the machine's mobility problems meant that it was unable to make an attempt at a fightback. With time ticking down, team members Kevin and John raised their controllers in a desperate attempt to help their robot's movement. Despite Panzer evidently slowing in the closing stages, Undertaker was only able to drive around in circles. The battle went to the judges, who ruled in favour of Panzer, leaving Undertaker eliminated from the competition at the first hurdle.
- Philippa Forrester: "You'll have to think of this as your practice run for a glittering Robot Wars career."
- Philip Robinson: "We did better last year, actually!"
- — A disappointing result for Team Undertaker
|UNDERTAKER - RESULTS|
|The Third Wars - UK Championship|
Heat, Round 1
|Heat L, Round 1||vs. Panzer||Lost|
- Wins: 0
- Losses: 1
|The First Wars||Did not enter|
|The Second Wars||Entered with Havoc|
|The Third Wars||Heat, Round 1|
|The Fourth Wars||Failed to qualify with Cannibal|
|The Fifth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Sixth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Seventh Wars||Did not enter|
|Series 8||Did not enter|
|Series 9||Did not enter|
|Series 10||Did not enter|
- Undertaker was originally given the name Reaper according to the team's website.