- "Newcomers to Robot Wars, hoping to wreck the old dinosaurs of the arena."
- — Jonathan Pearce introduces T-Wrecks
T-Wrecks was a robot from Wellow in Nottinghamshire. After withdrawing from Series 3, it fought exclusively in Series 7 of Robot Wars, where it lost in the first round, having questionably bypassed the series' rule regarding active weaponry.
In Series 3, T-Wrecks qualified for the show, although an unknown accident occurred in the arena which forced T-Wrecks to withdraw from the competition, and one of the reserve robots, Steg-O-Saw-Us, competed in its place.
Its name is a pun on the dinosaur Tyrannosaurus Rex, commonly known as T-Rex.
Versions of T-WrecksEdit
T-Wrecks (Series 3)Edit
The team entered Series 3 with a wedge shaped robot armed with a spinning blade, also called T-Wrecks. It was much more reminiscent of its dinosaur-themed name, unlike its successor, and featured a blue colour-scheme with eyes.
T-Wrecks (Series 7)Edit
In Series 7, T-Wrecks was a flat, invertible disc robot with eight serrated teeth. The interior of the robot was protected with a steel core, and the only vulnerable point was the receiver, as there was no room to include it within the core.
- "A "bit bad"? It's like an aeroplane without wings, basically!"
- — Jonathan Pearce on T-Wrecks' receiver
T-Wrecks, as a thwackbot, had no active weaponry, and instead relied on spinning on the spot to inflict damage.
In Series 7, T-Wrecks was drawn against Belgian competitor Hard, and veterans Kat 3 and Velocirippa in the first round. It was pushed into the CPZ, taking hammer blows from House Robot Mr. Psycho. Little puffs of smoke began to appear from the machine, but T-Wrecks spun up and continued to move. Velocirippa charged T-Wrecks, bouncing off it and away. T-Wrecks resorted to spinning on the spot, but the well-armoured Hard willingly reversed into this attack, and bent the spikes of the thwackbot. T-Wrecks became beached on the wedge shape of Kat 3, but it was then flipped by Hard. It landed on the back of Hard's wedge shape, so the Belgian robot reversed and pushed T-Wrecks into the pit, eliminating T-Wrecks from the competition. It was soon joined in the pit by Velocirippa.
|T-WRECKS - RESULTS|
|The Seventh Wars - UK Championship|
Heat, Round 1
|Heat K, Round 1||vs. Hard, Kat 3, Velocirippa||Eliminated|
- Wins: 0
- Losses: 1
|The First Wars||Did not enter|
|The Second Wars||Did not enter|
|The Third Wars||Withdrew|
|The Fourth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fifth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Sixth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Seventh Wars||Heat, Round 1|
|Series 8||Did not enter|
|Series 9||Did not enter|
|Series 10||Did not enter|
- Although T-Wrecks' withdrawal from Series 3 was not mentioned on the show, and the team's introduction was edited out, T-Wrecks could be seen in the pits behind the Haardvark team during their introduction.
- The robot that replaced T-Wrecks after withdrawing from Series 3, and the other robot to lose in T-Wrecks' only battle both had names that were puns on dinosaurs, just like T-Wrecks.