- This article is about the Series 3 robot. For the unrelated Series 7 robot, see Shell Shock (Series 7).
- "This is the cone community snail, constant companion of the Shell Shock, who is obviously based on a Tortoise"
- — Oliver Young explains what the snail on top of the robot is for.
Shell Shock was a circular robot that competed in Series 3 of Robot Wars. It was designed to look like the shell of a tortoise covered in 2mm sheet steel, also the tortoise legs and head could actually come out of the machine. It competed in the main competition for heavyweights despite being significantly below the maximum weight, and only 2kg over the middleweight limit (56kg). It was beaten in its first battle by Sir Chromalot.
Shell Shock was up against Sir Chromalot in the first round and was immediately spiked by Sir Chromalot. Shell Shock then drove into the arena wall and was spiked again. After momentarily being stuck on the arena floor spikes Shell Shock drove away from its opponent, but Sir Chromalot gave chase and pushed Shell Shock into Matilda's CPZ. Shell Shock's axe was then bent as Matilda pushed it around the arena. Sir chromalot then pushed Shell Shock into Sir Killalot, who lifted Shell Shock up with his lance and spun Shell Shock around, almost throwing Shell Shock out of the arena. The axe bent back even further as it landed, and soon the head detached completely. Shell Shock then appeared to lose drive on one side as its opponent edged it towards the pit. However, Sir Chromalot appeared to smoke and seemed to be almost immobilized, and the House Robots pushed it down the pit. The judges thought Sir Chromalot was still moving so they decided that Sir Chromalot was unfairly pitted, and as a result, they put Sir Chromalot through to the next round.
|SHELL SHOCK - RESULTS|
|The Third Wars - UK Championship|
Heat, Round 1
|Heat D, Round 1||vs. Sir Chromalot||Lost|
- Wins: 0
- Losses: 1
- Series 1-2: Did not enter
- Series 3: Heat, Round 1
- Series 4-7: Did not enter
- Shell Shock, at 56.0kg, was the lightest robot to enter the main competition in the Third Wars.