The Main Page of Robot Wars Wiki features various content which is updated on a regular basis. This content consists of a Featured Article, a Featured Video and a Poll. Previous content can be viewed at Robot Wars Wiki - Main Page/Previous Featured Content.
This page can be used to suggest which content will be featured on the Main Page in future updates. To suggest new content simply create a new subheading in the relevant section with the article/video/poll you think should be featured and the reasons why it should be deemed as a suitable feature for the page. You may also comment on submissions made by other users. Please remember to sign all contributions made to the page.
Featured Articles must be notable subjects with all necessary information included on the page, including links, quotes and proper formatting.
- A Series 1 Grand Finalist whose article I rewrote/reformatted recently, and hasn't been featured before despite being the first entry from the Cold Fusion Team. Since Pussycat and the team themselves have already been featured in the past, I thought it would be nice to see their earliest robot gain some recognition on the main page. VulcansHowl 09:21, August 6, 2017 (UTC)
- I understand that Gemini has been featured before, but it's the first-ever clusterbot, and my recent rewrite should demonstrate how far things have come since the Wiki's early days. VulcansHowl 09:21, August 6, 2017 (UTC)
- Definitely support this one. Had I not given up as editor of the main page, this was the article I was planning to use as the featured article. Deserves to be the featured article before Series 10 airs. Drop Zone mk2 (talk) 20:48, August 6, 2017 (UTC)
- Another impressive competitor from the rebooted series, and one article which I have taken great pride in developing since its debut. VulcansHowl 09:21, August 6, 2017 (UTC)
Something that's not a robotEdit
I am planning on saving Carbide for when Series 10 starts, so the defending champion is the featured article while it's on TV. I want to maybe have a featured article that isn't just a robot or a robot team. Maybe a significant and well-written episode, or some statistic and tables. Think Robot Wars: Series 9/Grand Final or Thrown Out of the Arena. I suggest these because there are good videos for them. Thoughts? I'll update it next week. Jimlaad43(talk) 20:03, August 16, 2017 (UTC)
- What about a weapons page? Have any of them been profiled? It would draw readers to pages they might not know existed. Toon Ganondorf (t c) 21:37, August 16, 2017 (UTC)
- Good suggestion, TG. Looking back at the 'Previous Featured Content' page, I don't think any weapons pages have been featured before, and they would be especially interesting and informative for readers. Out of those, I'd recommend Rear-hinged flippers, Drums or Vertical flywheels. Robot Wars: Series 9/Grand Final is a great suggestion, too, Jimlaad. VulcansHowl 21:56, August 17, 2017 (UTC)
- On the subject of weapons/terminology pages, how about Walkerbots or Clusterbots? The former could be fascinating for readers who are not aware of their appearances in the original series; the latter is made especially relevant with Crackers 'n' Smash's appearance in Series 9. VulcansHowl 10:04, August 18, 2017 (UTC)
Featured Videos should be notable and entertaining, and hosted on a public video site such as YouTube.
- If we have Carbide as the main article, this montage would be good to use as a featured video.  Drop Zone mk2 (talk) 20:48, August 6, 2017 (UTC)
Polls should be interesting and include a decent number of options to choose from.