- "Razer has an incredibly powerful gripping arm that has caused some of the most spectacular damage we've yet seen on Robot Wars- we could be in for some gripping action, here!"
- — Jonathan Pearce's in-game commentary
Razer was a grey wedge shaped robot, armed with a very powerful mechanical claw weapon exerting 9 tonnes of pressure. Razer is statistically the most successful robot to compete in Robot Wars, with forty wins to its name, it won many awards and side competitions across several series, such as winning the Best Design Award on three occasions, as well as winning the first two World Championships, the first two All-Stars Championships, the International League Championship, as well as winning the Series 5 UK Championship. The claw weapon enabled it to easily grip its opponents and drag them around the arena, it can also do this in-game.
Appearance and ArmamentEdit
Robot Wars: Extreme Destruction (PC/Xbox) is one of four Robot Wars video games that Razer featured in. This game was based on Robot Wars Extreme: Series 1, the concurrent Extreme series to Series 5. Razer's appearance barely differed throughout its Robot Wars career, however this version of Razer does include the srimech arms on the sides of the claw, which was present on the robot from Series 3 onwards (however they activate automatically in the game, which they don't in real life). Razer is its approximate height in the game, however looks to be much narrower than its real life counterpart, thus making it appear longer. The agility and speed of the real life Razer is also present on the game's version. Razer was very well known for causing tremendous damage to robots with its claw, by creating incredibly large holes in their armour, however in the game, the claw weapon can only be used to grapple other opponents, and only make the armour of its opponent slowly peel away over time.
As Razer can't cause considerable damage in the game, the most successful tactic when using Razer will be to grip onto opponents with the claw, and try to drag them into the arena hazards, preferably the pit.
Razer can very easily drag opponents into the pit when the claw has a grip, so avoiding the claw weapon of Razer's will prove valuable. Razer can be very easily pushed and toppled side-on (although the side srimechs can automatically self-right the robot), this will allow the player to very easily shunt Razer around the arena, preferably into arena hazards.
Differences from Real LifeEdit
- Razer is much narrower in the game than it is in real life.
- The claw weapon can't create holes in other robots when it is used.
- It does not have the front scoop the real robot had added for Extreme.
- Razer uses the duller steel armour it had in earlier series, in contrast to the lighter sheen it had from Extreme 1 onwards.
- The Razer logo only appears on the left hand side of the robot, as opposed to both sides as in real life.