- "Powerful enough to pull an estate car, and yet the lightest in the Heat at 76 kilos, this purple prince is crowned by a flipping arm and electric disc saw. What a fur-brained entry from the Andrew family!"
- — Jonathan Pearce introduces Purple Predator
The team returned for Series 5 and 6 with Granny's Revenge, which also fell in the first round in both of those series. Purple Predator also fought in a six-way qualifier battle for Series 5, alongside Granny's Revenge, Razer, Rattus Rattus, Roobarb and Shunt. However, it failed to qualify for that series.
As its name implied, Purple Predator was a long wedge-shaped robot clad in purple fur and based on an invalid tricycle. It was armed with a large front-hinged flipping arm and a rear-mounted circular saw as weapons, cost £650 to build, and was stated as having the power to pull a Volvo estate car. However, Purple Predator's weapons proved unreliable, with the flipping arm failing to work at all due to being jammed and the circular saw being especially prone to breaking off. Additionally, the robot had a high ground clearance and a large turning circle, which contributed towards its defeat in its only battle along with its fragile fur.
Purple Predator appeared in Heat K of the Third Wars, and fought fellow newcomers Toe Cutter in the first round. Both robots started sluggishly, with Purple Predator initially backing into the wall before charging into Toe Cutter, who spun and ripped part of its fur off with its spring-powered blade. Purple Predator backed away before bumping into Toe Cutter again a few more times, with Toe Cutter once again slashing into its fur before pushing Purple Predator into Dead Metal. Dead Metal ripped even more fur off of Purple Predator's sides and cut into its back panel with his saw, before Purple Predator escaped and drove onto an arena spike while trying to lure Toe Cutter towards the pit.
- "What preparation went into the bodywork. What a shame!"
- — Jonathan Pearce as Purple Predator's fur dangles from the robot's sides
Taking advantage of Purple Predator's error, Toe Cutter got underneath it and drove it towards the wall, with Purple Predator being grabbed by Dead Metal again as both robots backed away. As they did so, Toe Cutter was launched onto its side by the arena spikes, but recovered as it was thrust into the air and back onto its wheels. Purple Predator bumped into Toe Cutter once more as time ran out, and the battle went to a judges' decision. Needless to say, the decision went in favour of Toe Cutter, eliminating Purple Predator from the Third Wars.
- "The Purple Predator gets a clipping, and Toe Cutter, go through!"
- — Craig Charles
|PURPLE PREDATOR - RESULTS|
|The Third Wars - UK Championship|
Heat, Round 1
|Heat K, Round 1||vs. Toe Cutter||Lost|
- Wins: 0
- Losses: 1
|Series||Purple Predator Record|
|The First Wars||Did not enter|
|The Second Wars||Did not enter|
|The Third Wars||Heat, Round 1|
|The Fourth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fifth Wars|| Failed to qualify|
Entered with Granny's Revenge
|The Sixth Wars||Entered with Granny's Revenge 2|
|The Seventh Wars||Did not enter|
|Series 8||Did not enter|
|Series 9||Did not enter|
Appearances in MerchandiseEdit
- Purple Predator was the only UK competitor covered with fur not to catch fire at some point during a battle.
- Purple Predator was 10kg heavier than Granny's Revenge and 16kg heavier than Granny's Revenge 2, a rare feat for a Series 3 competitor.