- "Four-wheeled with a crushing jaw weapon mounted on the front, capable of crushing an 18-inch concrete block, massive ground clearance of... 5 centimetres, that could prove its downfall."
- — Jonathan Pearce introducing Monad
Monad was a boxy prism-shaped robot with four-wheel drive and a set of small horizontal crushing pincers as its weapon. The pincers were claimed to be capable of crushing an 18-inch concrete block, and the robot demonstrated decent speed and pushing power in its only battle. However, Monad had no self-righting mechanism, a ground clearance of 5cm (one of the largest among Series 5 competitors) and noticeable stability issues which resulted in it tipping on its front or back ends whenever it quickly changed direction. Additionally, its armour was fairly weak, which allowed it to be easily damaged by Tiberius 2.
Monad participated in Heat J of the Fifth Wars, and was placed up against Series 4 veteran Tiberius 2 in its first round battle. It initially rammed at Tiberius 2, but rode up its side, before pushing Tiberius 2 into Sergeant Bash. Both robots escaped, but Monad tipped back on its rear wheels and was caught side-on by Tiberius 2, allowing Tiberius 2 to crush through its side armour and push it into the wall. Monad escaped after Tiberius 2 let go, trying to use its pincers to grab hold of Tiberius 2, but to no effect as they dangled loose from Monad's front end. Tiberius 2 chased Monad and tried to grab it again as it attempted to press the pit release button, but failed to attack, allowing Monad to activate the pit on its second try. The two robots drove precariously close to the pit before Monad suddenly broke down and was pitted by Tiberius 2, eliminating it from the Fifth Wars.
- "Monad, crushed by the mighty jaws of Tiberius the Second!"
- — Craig Charles comments on the demise of Monad
|MONAD - RESULTS|
|The Fifth Wars - UK Championship|
Heat, Round 1
|Heat J, Eliminator||vs. Tiberius 2||Lost|
- Wins: 0
- Losses: 1
|The First Wars||Did not enter|
|The Second Wars||Did not enter|
|The Third Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fourth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fifth Wars||Heat, Round 1|
|The Sixth Wars||Entered with 4x4|
|The Seventh Wars||Entered with Topbot|
|Series 8||Did not enter|
|Series 9||Did not enter|
- Monad is one of two robots from Ireland to compete in Series 5, the other being Diotoir.
- The team's shirts read "Uimhir haon," Gaelic for "number one."
- Many of Monad's parts were used to create its successor, 4x4.