- "...Will this be a bugbear for the rest?"
- — Jonathan Pearce introduces Millennium Bug
Its name came from the Year 2000 problem, commonly known as "The Milennium Bug", a problem suffered by many computers which caused the date to be shown as 1900 instead of 2000, which caused many computer failures.
Box-shaped and very large for its time, Millennium Bug walked on 8 legs made from scaffold pipes, and it was armed with a large forklift at the front, and a 2000rpm forward-facing spinning disc at the rear. It was a very slow robot with a top speed of just 4mph.
At the Fourth Wars qualifiers, Millennium Bug fought Little Fly. The walker lost one of its legs during the battle, but regardless both robots survived for the full fight, and qualified for the series.
In its first battle against the 22nd seeds X-Terminator 2 and Judge Shred 2, Millennium Bug failed to made an impression as it couldn't keep up with the speed of its opponents. Eventually X-Terminator managed to break off a few leg guards with its axe, and Judge Shred got underneath it, and used its flipper to turn it onto its rear. Unable to self-right, with it legs still waving about in the air, Millennium Bug was deemed immobilised, and was finished off by being put onto the Arena Floor Flipper and sent flying, landing upside down at the bottom end of the arena. This would be Millennium Bug's only appearance on Robot Wars.
- "The bug's on its back, legs flailing. Flipped out of the competition."
- — Craig Charles after Millennium Bug's defeat
|MILLENNIUM BUG - RESULTS|
|The Fourth Wars - UK Championship|
Heat, Round 1
|Heat N, Eliminator||vs. X-Terminator 2 (22), Judge Shred 2||Eliminated|
- Wins: 0
- Losses: 1
|Series||Millennium Bug Series Record|
|The First Wars||Did not enter|
|The Second Wars||Did not enter|
|The Third Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fourth Wars||Heat, Round 1|
|The Fifth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Sixth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Seventh Wars||Did not enter|
|Series 8||Did not enter|
|Series 9||Did not enter|
|Series 10||Did not enter|
Outside Robot WarsEdit
Millennium Bug was entered in the spin-off series Techno Games, devoid of its armour and weapons, in the battery sprint competition. It was significantly more successful, beating Team EyeEye's Rita Rocks in the heat and ultimately finishing third overall.
- In both Robot Wars: The Official Robot Guide and the Robot Wars Battle Cards, Millennium Bug is missing its lifter.
- Millennium Bug is the only robot from Robot Wars: The Fourth Wars/Heat N not to make another appearance.
- In the Series 4 results in Robot Wars: The Ultimate Guide, Millennium Bug is simply called Millennium.