- "Robots are a big like boxers, and I don't mean they're hard, ugly and can be quite thick. What I mean is that not all of them are like the heavyweights in the main competition. Which is why, over the series, we'll also be running a middleweight competition, and its seconds out for Round 1"
- — Craig Charles introduces the middleweight melee
- The Official Middleweight Championship for the series was cancelled, and this was merely an exhibition match between all the middleweights in attendance. However, Craig Charles incorrectly introduced the battle as the first round of the Middleweight Championship. As the incumbent champion, Hard Cheese was given the Middleweight trophy.
Tentoumushi vs Hard Cheese vs Grinder vs A-Kill vs Ripper's RevengeEdit
Reigning middleweight champion Hard Cheese started by attacking Ripper's Revenge with its axe, before it was attacked and covered up by Tentoumushi. Meanwhile, A-Kill pushed Grinder into Shunt, and Grinder sustained heavy damage from Shunt's axe. Tentoumushi covered up Ripper's Revenge while the immobilised Hard Cheese was picked up by Sir Killalot.
- "Pick on someone your own size Killalot! This is unfair!"
- — Jonathan Pearce, as Hard Cheese is picked up by Killalot
Tentoumushi then had one if its antennae cut off by the chainsaw of Matilda. As Sir Killalot pushed away the immobilised Grinder, Ripper's Revenge was flipped over by an arena spike and was out of the battle. Tentoumushi then started to fight the house robots and covered up Shunt, blocking the radio signal so that Shunt could no longer move. Tentoumushi and A-Kill were the only survivors at the end of the battle and the judges declared a draw between the two robots.
Joint Winners: Tentoumushi & A-Kill
The two winning robots would appear to take part in a grudge match during the International League Championship, but that battle was actually filmed before the Middleweight Melee, despite being broadcast afterwards.