- "... could find it hard to live up to its name!"
- — Jonathan Pearce's predictions for Mayhem
Mayhem was a black, invertible box-shaped robot with a front-mounted, 16kg, 2000RPM spinning disc, with four broad faces. The team had particular pride in Mayhem's top armour. It was deliberately designed with a high ground clearance and exposed rear wheels so the robot would be made difficult to get hold of but this proved to be its undoing, combined with its inexperience.
- "They say the rear-mounted wheels and high ground clearance make this robot hard to get hold of, and the awesome weapon will cause severe damage. I say the wheels are exposed and the team lacks experience!"
- — Jonathan Pearce sums up Mayhem
- Jayne Middlemiss: "What are you looking forward to in your first wars?"
- Alan Wenman: "Getting through the first battle."
- Jayne Middlemiss: "Do you think you're going to?"
- Alan Wenman: "We didn't come here to lose!"
- — Pre-battle interview
Mayhem participated in Heat I of the Seventh Wars. In the first round, Mayhem was placed up against the number 16 seeds Storm 2, Team Reactor's Rhino and the Sri Lankan representatives Supernova, a robot of a very similar design to Mayhem. In the battle, Mayhem spun around in circles at the beginning of the melee, as it tried to attack Rhino, but Supernova then hit one of its exposed tyres, knocking it clean off. Supernova attacked again with its disc and ripped the other tyre from Mayhem. Mayhem was left with no traction on the arena floor and was counted out by Refbot.
- "That's the end of Mayhem - tyre off... about to be re-tyred, I think... re-tyred into oblivion."
- — Jonathan Pearce as Refbot comes in to count out Mayhem
Sir Killalot came in and placed Mayhem onto the arena floor flipper. After being flipped, Matilda whacked Mayhem with her flywheel into the arena side wall, buckling one of the wheels and damaging its armour.
After Supernova was immobilised and counted out, cease was called and Mayhem was eliminated from the competition.
|MAYHEM - RESULTS|
|The Seventh Wars - UK Championship|
Heat, Round 1
|Heat I, Round 1||vs. Rhino, Storm 2 (16), Supernova||Eliminated|
- Wins: 0
- Losses: 1
|Series||Mayhem Series Record|
|The First Wars||Did not enter|
|The Second Wars||Did not enter|
|The Third Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fourth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fifth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Sixth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Seventh Wars||Heat, Round 1|
|Series 8||Did not enter|
|Series 9||Did not enter|
|Series 10||Did not enter|
- Mayhem was the only robot in Heat I of the Seventh Wars from a team that had not had any previous Robot Wars experience.