- Hammers come in a range of forms, and are distinguished from axes in that they are usually blunt with the intention of causing internal damage, instead of puncturing the armour. Some teams add a blunt spike on the end of their hammer, like Thor, to focus more of the energy into one point on the opposing robot.
Advantages and DisadvantagesEdit
- Hammers are one of the most available weapons, with a robot only needing to have a common sledgehammer incorporated into the design.
- Like other overhead weapons, they can be mounted alongside rear-hinged flipping arms and lifters. Hydra used this design to good effect in Series 6 and Extreme 2.
- It takes a large degree of force in order to cause damage on opponents. Only Mr. Psycho truly utilised a hammer as a destructive weapon, but it exceeded the weight limit sevenfold.
- Hammers do not cause a great deal of visible damage, making it difficult for hammer-wielders to win judges' decisions.
Robots with hammersEdit
Robots are listed alphabetically. Robots that are not heavyweight are listed with a green background. House Robots are listed with a red background.
|Robot||Series Appearances with Hammers||Notes|
|A-Kill||Series 6||Was described as being able to "crush a strawberry"|
|Bunny Attack||US Season 2, Nickelodeon||Good battle record despite the weakness of its weapon.|
|Evil Weevil||Series 4||The weapon was never seen in action|
|Hydra||Series 6-7, Extreme 2|
|Mr. Psycho||Series 6-7, Extreme 2|
|Skarab||Series 1||First robot to wield a hammer, but only used it in the Gauntlet and Semi-Final.|
|Thor||Series 6-7, Extreme 2|
|Thunderpants||Series 7||Was capable of striking an opponent when inverted. Neither this feature or the robot itself were seen in action.|
|This Robot Wars related article is a stub. You can help Robot Wars Wiki by expanding it.|