- "Looks like a tank, made of MDF, steel and aluminium, it can pull a car. First time on Robot Wars, the turret with its two blades can spin 360 degrees, so complete revolution for Evolution"
- — Jonathan Pearce introduces Evolution
Evolution was a heavyweight robot which exclusively competed in Series 5 of Robot Wars and got to the second round of its Heat, but was beaten by Spawn Again. Evolution was only controlled by Alistair Hare, because his wife Katie was pregnant during filming.
Evolution designed to look like an Army tank. The robot's turret would spin around very fast at 360 degrees and act as a spinning weapon. The robot could get up to 15 mph. Its chassis was made of steel and aluminium but the robot was armoured in MDF (medium density fibreboard) - essentially wood - which was very fragile and easily damaged by the House Robots Sergeant Bash and Sir Killalot. Despite sporting fake tracks along the sides, Evolution actually ran on wheels.
Sabretooth, another newcomer, was Evolution's first opponent. Before activate Evolution got its turret up to speed and struck Sabretooth. Evolution backed away and for an attack but missed and Sabretooth caught the side of Evolution, shredding it but breaking its own weaponry. Evolution then got in and under and pushed Sabretooth towards the arena wall Sabretooth then came back with a push on the side of Evolution. They got chased by Sir Killalot. Sabretooth appeared to break down. However, instead of Evolution going in for the kill, the House Robots instead attacked Evolution. With Sergeant Bash cutting through Evolution's top armour, easily crumpling MDF, and getting a yellow card by Refbot. Sir Killalot cut off Evolution's turret, and spun it round. Killalot put it down and was also given a yellow card by Refbot.
- "What have they got against Evolution? Hang on, I'm being passed a message here from Matilda in the pits, House Robots don't like wooden machines! Part MDF, Evolution, and that's why they're after you, they think you're taking the Michael!"
- — Jonathan Pearce as Sir Killalot attacks Evolution
In the closing seconds Sabretooth came back into it and pushed Evolution but it was too late. Evolution was barely mobile in the late stages of the battle, but still survived until a Judges' decision as the Judges viewed the House Robot attacks as unfair, and Sabretooth was also flagging. The Judges put Evolution through to the next round.
In the second round it faced the 13th seed, Spawn Again. Alistair Hare put a brick inside the turret in the hope that it would make the weapon more powerful. However, it instead made the weapon too heavy, and caused Evolution to spin on the spot. Consequentially, Evolution was a sitting duck and had no weaponry. Spawn Again and Evolution sized each other up, before Spawn Again went to flip Evolution but missed. Spawn Again moved back in and threw Evolution over and then out of the arena. The battle was over within twenty seconds making it the joint 15th shortest battle on Robot Wars.
- "We need to evolve."
- — Alistair Hare, after the loss
|EVOLUTION - RESULTS|
|The Fifth Wars - UK Championship|
Heat Semi Final
|Heat G, Eliminator||vs. Sabretooth||Won|
|Heat G, Semi Final||vs. Spawn Again (13)||Lost|
- Wins: 1
- Losses: 1
|Series||Evolution Series Record|
|The First Wars||Did not enter|
|The Second Wars||Did not enter|
|The Third Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fourth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fifth Wars||Heat, Round 2|
|The Sixth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Seventh Wars||Did not enter|
|Series 8||Did not enter|
|Series 9||Did not enter|
|Series 10||Did not enter|
Outside Robot WarsEdit
During late 2002, Evolution was sold online to an unknown buyer. 
- The team name, Team Darwin, is a reference to the naturalist and geologist Charles Darwin, who introduced the scientific theory of evolution (which the robot is named after), which he referred to as "natural selection".
- In Robot Wars: The Ultimate Guide, Evolution's battle against Spawn Again in the Fifth Wars was mistakenly written to be the fastest battle in Robot Wars at the time, when it was actually the fight between Cerberus and Griffon in the Third Wars.
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20030821103825/http://www.robotmayhem.com/forum/messages/4/11116.html?1045606521