- "Looks like a tank, made of MDF, steel and aluminium, it can pull a car. First time on Robot Wars, the turret with its two blades can spin 360 degrees, so complete revolution for Evolution"
- — Jonathan Pearce introduces Evolution
Evolution was a heavyweight robot which exclusively competed in Series 5 of Robot Wars and got to the second round of its Heat, but was beaten by Spawn Again. Evolution was only controlled by Alistair Hare, because his wife Katie was pregnant during filming.
Evolution designed to look like an Army tank. The robot's turret would spin around very fast at 360 degrees and act as the weapon, and the robot could get up to 15 mph. Its chassis was made of steel and aluminium but the robot was armoured in medium density fibreboard - essentially wood - which was very fragile and easily damaged by the House Robots Sergeant Bash and Sir Killalot. Despite sporting fake tracks along the sides, Evolution actually ran on wheels.
Sabretooth, another newcomer, was Evolution's first opponent. It got its turret up to speed and struck Sabretooth. After some pushing from each robot Sabretooth appeared to break down. However, instead of going in for the kill, the House Robots instead attacked Evolution. Sir Killalot cut off Evolution's turret, while Sergeant Bash cut through Evolution's top armour, easily crumpling MDF.
- "What have they got against Evolution? Hang on, I'm being passed a message here from Matilda in the pits, House Robots don't like wooden machines! Part MDF, Evolution, and that's why they're after you, they think you're taking the michael!"
- — Jonathan Pearce as Sir Killalot attacks Evolution
Evolution was barely mobile in the late stages of the battle, but still survived until a Judges' decision as the Judges viewed the House Robot attacks as unfair, and Sabretooth was also flagging. The Judges put Evolution through to the next round.
In the next round it faced the seeded Spawn Again. Alistair Hare put a brick inside the turret in hopes it would make the weapon more powerful. However, it instead made the weapon too heavy, and caused Evolution to spin on the spot. Consequentially, Evolution was a sitting duck and the battle was over within twenty seconds as Spawn Again flipped Evolution and then threw it out of the arena.
- "We need to evolve."
- — Alistair Hare, after the loss
|EVOLUTION - RESULTS|
|The Fifth Wars - UK Championship|
Heat Semi Final
|Heat G, Eliminator||vs. Sabretooth||Won|
|Heat G, Semi Final||vs. Spawn Again (13)||Lost|
- Wins: 1
- Losses: 1
|The First Wars||Did not enter|
|The Second Wars||Did not enter|
|The Third Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fourth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fifth Wars||Heat, Round 2|
|The Sixth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Seventh Wars||Did not enter|
|Series 8||Did not enter|
|Series 9||Did not enter|
|Series 10||Did not enter|
Outside Robot WarsEdit
During late 2002, Evolution was sold online to an unknown buyer. 
- The team name, Team Darwin, is a reference to the naturalist and geologist Charles Darwin, who introduced the scientific theory of evolution (which the robot is named after), which he referred to as "natural selection".
- In Robot Wars: The Ultimate Guide, Evolution's battle against Spawn Again in the Fifth Wars was mistakenly written to be the fastest battle in Robot Wars at the time, when it was actually the fight between Cerberus and Griffon in the Third Wars.
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20030821103825/http://www.robotmayhem.com/forum/messages/4/11116.html?1045606521