- "This nippy rodent threatens all opponents with a mean right hook, left cross combination!"
- — Jonathan Pearce
As a stock robot, Eubank the Mouse went out in the Trial round, like its fellow stock robots W.Y.S.I.W.Y.G. and Grunt, after it allegedly broke down, thus allowing future grand finalists T.R.A.C.I.E. through, despite it having barely moved at all.
The robot is named after British middleweight boxer Chris Eubank, with the boxing gloves attached to the robot also being a further reference.
Eubank the Mouse was a pyramid-shaped robot, and had a head designed like a mouse's with a pair of glasses on. It also had a pair of boxing gloves on its arms for decoration, which were listed as its weapons on the statistics board as a 'right hook & left cross'.
For its time, it was very fast, but this was at the cost of weight. At a total weight of 20kg, Eubank the Mouse was considered to be a lightweight. The robot also suffered from being top-heavy.
Eubank the Mouse's speed and maneuverability took it straight through the House Robot route. Dead Metal was the only House Robot to cause it much trouble forcing it back half way through the course, but The Mouse still managed to complete the course in the quickest time. As a Stock Robot, Eubank the Mouse wasn't allowed to qualify from the Trial stage, so it was driven into a side wall and then was announced to have broken down irreparably, thus eliminating it from the competition.
|EUBANK THE MOUSE - RESULTS|
|The First Wars - UK Championship|
|Heat F, Gauntlet||Completed (1st)||Qualified|
|Heat F, Trial (Snooker)||0 Balls with least activity (5th)||Eliminated|
|Series||Eubank the Mouse Record|
|The First Wars||Heat, Trial|
|The Second Wars||Entered with Challenger|
|The Third Wars||Entered with Challenger 2|
|The Fourth Wars|
|The Fifth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Sixth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Seventh Wars||Did not enter|
|Series 8||Did not enter|
|Series 9||Did not enter|
Before televised Robot WarsEdit
Eubank the Mouse was originally created by Derek Foxwell for the 1995 UK Open Championship, under the Robot Wars brand. Eubank the Mouse, like the other British robots, did not fare too well and was eventually toppled over. However, during the same championship it was known as House Mouse and it served as a makeshift House Robot.
Outside Robot WarsEdit
Eubank the Mouse remained on static display until the end of Robot Wars' original run.
- Eubank the Mouse is one of 20 robots never to fight in robot combat, having only ever been in the Gauntlet or Trial.
- Eubank the Mouse was the only one of the three Stock Robots to complete the Gauntlet in the quickest time.
- According to the original weight-limits, Eubank the Mouse was the only Lightweight in the first series.
- Eubank the Mouse could be seen in the pits in Series 2 next to Ramrombit.
- Chris Eubank, the inspiration for the robot's name and design, took part in the Fourth Wars Celebrity Special episode, where he drove Killertron.