- "Oh yes, they're twice as nice, and you'll be gone in a trice!"
- — Jonathan Pearce
Double Trouble was an invertible box robot that exclusively entered Series 6 of Robot Wars. Its name came from its weaponry; two red spinning discs from car flywheels. The team previously entered Rambot into the Fourth Wars.
Each of Double Trouble's discs could spin at up to 6000RPM. However, these discs were not particularly large or heavy and were prone to flying off, doing so both in the robot's qualifier and the second round battle against 13 Black. Coincidentally, the same thing happened to Shredder in the same series, a robot that Double Trouble resembled. Jonathan Pearce summarised this as being "agile but unstable".
Double Trouble was drawn against GBH 2, Infernal Contraption and Ripper 2 at the qualifiers, but Ripper 2 had to withdraw before the battle. Despite recieving damage from Infernal Contraption and their blades falling off, Double Trouble survived until the end of the battle, along with its two opponents. All three were given places in the series.
- "The battle began. We got a good hit on Double Trouble quite early on, which pierced their armour and damaged their transmission on one side. GBH II had intermittent radio problems, so we hit them a few times, but didn’t want to do them too much damage while they were immobile. Part of our polycarbonate armour split due to being cold formed into a curve, but luckily, no one got in to do any damage. By the end of it all, Double Trouble’s disks had both come off, GBH II had a few gashes, but was otherwise fine, and we were still working, but with superficial damage. ... We were all well pleased when Bill Hobbins, the producer, told us that it was a good fight, so all three robots would be appearing on TV."
- — Infernal Contraption website on the Series 6 qualifiers
Double Trouble was placed up against Fluffy, Demolition Man and Kan-Opener in the first round of Heat F of the Sixth Wars. Double Trouble proved its brute strength within seconds in this battle, managing to shove the combined weight of Kan-Opener and Demolition Man around. Sparks flew as the flywheels impacted on Kan-Opener. After Kan-Opener was seemingly immobilised, both Fluffy and Double Trouble landed severe blows on it. Dead Metal caught Double Trouble and dragged it from the fray, only to have it escape and shove the counted out Kan-Opener into the arena side wall. Meanwhile, Demolition Man had been immobilised, and was counted out by the Refbot, putting Double Trouble through to the second round of the heat, along with Fluffy.A game of "Russian Roulette" followed, as Double Trouble was drawn up against the other double flywheeled robot, 13 Black, for the next round. In this battle, after weathering blows from the larger robot's discs, one of Double Trouble's discs was torn off the robot, halving the already inferior potency of the robot's weapons. Additional blows from 13 Black caused Double Trouble's armour to peel away. Although Double Trouble did manage to hold on and both of 13 Black's flywheels were out of action at the end, Double Trouble was eliminated on the judges' decision.
|DOUBLE TROUBLE - RESULTS|
|The Sixth Wars - UK Championships|
Heat, Round 2
|Heat F, Round 1||vs. Demolition Man, Fluffy, Kan-Opener||Qualified|
|Heat F, Round 2||vs. 13 Black||Lost|
- Wins: 1
- Losses: 1
|Series||Double Trouble Series Record|
|The First Wars||Did not enter|
|The Second Wars||Did not enter|
|The Third Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fourth Wars||Entered with Rambot|
|The Fifth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Sixth Wars||Heat, Round 2|
|The Seventh Wars||Did not enter|
|Series 8||Did not enter|
|Series 9||Did not enter|
|Series 10||Did not enter|
- Double Trouble was the only robot from Hertfordshire to win a battle that did not come from Team Make Robotics.
- Team Challenge are also the only team from Hertfordshire other than Team Make Robotics, who they fought in Series 4, to win a battle.