- "Our bot is Close Enough, and we're hoping to make parts fly!"
- — David Gilson introduces Close Enough
Close Enough was an American competitor which fought in Season 1 of Robot Wars: Extreme Warriors. It was entered into both the Robot Rebellion and the US Championship by a Nebraska-based team who referred to themselves as "Real Men Don't Need Instructions", although it failed to progress beyond the first round in either of its appearances due to reliability issues.
The team also fought in the second season of Extreme Warriors with The Termite.
- "Two cycle gas motors and ramming teeth that don't look like they're gonna do too much, but it's low to the ground so you never know"
- — Stefan Frank
Close Enough was a large four-wheel drive, box-shaped robot powered by a gas engine. At 53 inches (134cm) in width, it was one of the widest robots to compete in any version of Robot Wars to date, and featured sets of spiked ramming 'teeth' along its front frame which formed its primary weapon.
Close Enough was involved in the US championship, where in its melee, it fought Mad Cow, Manta, Rosie The Riveter, Rippa Raptor and Tiger Cat. It tried pushing Manta at the start, but then broke down and was never seen again during the rest of the battle, which Manta won.
Close Enough also fought in the Robot Rebellion, where it faced loanerbot Silver Box. However, it was already suffering from a broken motor when entering the arena, having to be pushed into the centre by Shunt, and it fully broke down when hit at the start by Silver Box's disc, and was counted out, before being placed on the floor flipper, and onto the flame pit, where its engine caught fire.
- "Close Enough kinda reminding me of my high school years - it just wouldn't work!"
- — Mick Foley
|CLOSE ENOUGH - RESULTS|
|Heat||vs. Silver Box||Lost|
Eliminated in Heats
|Heat||vs. Mad Cow, Tiger Cat, Rippa Raptor, Manta, Rosie The Riveter||Eliminated|
- Wins: 0
- Losses: 2
|Main Series||Close Enough Series Record|
|Season 1||Heat (Round 1)|
|Season 2||Entered with The Termite|
Outside Robot WarsEdit
Team Critter also fought in Robotica with The Tick. For more information, see The Termite.
- Close Enough's battle with Silver Box was the first to be aired during Extreme Warriors, making Close Enough the first robot to lose a battle in the US series.