- "This is a very interesting robot - was made on kebabs, coffee, lawnmowers and windscreen wipers."
- — Philippa Forrester introducing Blade
Blade was a Y-shaped robot that exclusively participated in Series 3 of Robot Wars. While the weapon did not cause much damage outside its first battle, Blade's decent pushing power and speed saw it through to the Semi-Finals, where it lost to Beast of Bodmin.
Blade's successor robot, Blade's Big Bruva, was intended to compete in the Fourth Wars and was seeded. However, it dropped out along with fellow Series 3 Semi-Finalists Trident at the last minute, and both Centurion and Suicidal Tendencies were given the final seeds instead.
Blade was originally painted red and before entering Robot Wars it competed in some local live events.
- "A rotary blade gives this fearsome machine its name, with added "slashers". It also contains shatterproof material, can get up to 10mph, car parts used in the building -it's a grizzly lawnmower!"
- — Jonathan Pearce introduces Blade
Blade was equipped with a rotating 42cm lawnmower blade at the front. The lawnmower blade was allegedly 'borrowed' from team member Josh Anslie's mother's lawnmower whilst she was on holiday, and without her knowledge.
Blade cost precisely £146.52 to build. Constructed mostly from car parts, the machine was also reinforced with thick steel and shatterproof polycarbonate and could reach 10mph. Rare for a Series 3 competitor, Blade withstood an axe blow from Shunt when it was attacked during its heat final fight with Aggrobot.
- "All we intend to do is mash our opponents, slash and grind, with these lovely cutters. Weighs about 12 and a half stone, so beware!"
- — Josh Ainslie before the battle
In the first round, Blade faced fellow newcomers Spike. Blade was the faster of the two, immediately ripping part of Spike's decoration from the front. Blade continued to ram Spike, although eventually Spike started pushing back, until Sergeant Bash broke them up. Blade then pushed Spike into Bash, who attacked the underside of Spike with its pincers, dislodging another piece of bodywork. Blade and Spike then spun around each other, then again colliding at stalemate with a push. Eventually, Matilda came in to break them up, but the deadlock was only broken a few seconds from the end; however Blade pitted Spike after cease was called. This was not counted on the judges' decision, which Blade nevertheless won unanimously.
- "They've decided that even though there was some skulduggery from Blade after time elapsed, they are the unanimous winners!"
- — Craig Charles announcing the winner
Blade fought Agent Orange in the second round.
- "Straight in, bit of slashing and ripping, that's it really. We feel pretty confident ... ish!"
- — Josh Ainslie on his tactics and confidence
The two started the battle by dodging each other, then pushing against one another, Agent Orange doing the early pushing. Blade was then flipped by the arena spike and Agent Orange pushed it into Matilda's CPZ, who rushed out to attack Blade and inadvertently righted it. Blade then pushed Agent Orange back into Matilda, who failed to overturn the robot. Blade once again pushed back, as Agent Orange ground to a halt, then moving very slowly. Cease was called, and the battle was decided by the judges, who voted again in favour of Blade.
- "We just want to get it over and done with, as the lawnmower blade on there, my mum comes back from holiday tomorrow, and she wants it back!"
- — Josh Ainslie
- "Oh, and in comes Shunt there, with the great axe going down to create damage. Let's see if did cause any - no! That's very rare."
- — Jonathan Pearce as Blade resists Shunt's attack
Aggrobot got itself wedged on the arena side wall, but was freed, and then broke down in the centre of the arena. Blade then rammed Aggrobot onto the flame pit, and left the immobile machine to the House Robots.
- "And Blade here, is the surprise of this heat, and turning up the heat now on Aggrobot!"
- — Jonathan Pearce
Kilallot lifting it up, and Dead Metal attacking the tongue of Aggrobot. Aggrobot was then put onto the arena flipper and thrown over. With this victory, Blade had qualified for the series semi-finals.
In the semi-finals, Blade was faced with previous champions, Beast of Bodmin. From the start, Beast of Bodmin was the stronger robot, getting underneath Blade multiple times, but failing to flip it, until finally it succeeded in turning Blade onto its side, and then reversing into it to put it onto its back. Blade was then attacked by the House Robots, Dead Metal in particular throwing up a lot of sparks with its circular saw. Damage was caused especially to the lawnmower blade, leaving Josh Anslie unable to return it to the lawnmower that he 'borrowed' it from.
|BLADE - RESULTS|
|The Third Wars - UK Championship|
Semi-Finals, Round 1
|Heat C, Round 1||vs. Spike||Won|
|Heat C, Round 2||vs. Agent Orange||Won|
|Heat C, Final||vs. Aggrobot||Won|
|Semi-Final 2, Round 1||vs. Beast of Bodmin||Lost|
- Wins: 3
- Losses: 1
|The First Wars||Did not enter|
|The Second Wars||Did not enter|
|The Third Wars||Semi-Finals, Round 1|
|The Fourth Wars||Withdrew with Blade's Big Bruva|
|The Fifth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Sixth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Seventh Wars||Did not enter|
|Series 8||Did not enter|
|Series 9||Did not enter|