Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Mmm, big words from the pits from the Ajjay team. Big weaponry, four expanding flail arms that retract into the body... yeah, I'll wait to see them in action, these are first time competitors."
- — Jonathan Pearce introduces Ajjay
Ajjay was a competitor robot from Tilehurst, Reading, that fought in the first series of Robot Wars Extreme. It competed exclusively in a Wild Card Warriors battle against Series 4 Grand Finalist Stinger, which it lost on a judges' decision.
Ajjay was a circular grey and red robot armed with a set of four flailing arms mounted on its body. These flails were initially intended to form part of a full-body spinner, where they would extend and retract in and out of the robot's body, but the mechanism failed to work as intended, so the robot was converted into a sit-and-spin type before it fought. Needless to say, Ajjay boasted good speed, agility and pushing power in its only battle, but suffered from poor control as a result of the team's lack of experience in the arena.
Extreme Series 1Edit
Ajjay fought Stinger in the first Wild Card Warriors battle of the series, with the team expressing confidence in the pits about potentially beating the Series 4 Grand Finalist. It started by driving round Stinger and spinning over a flame jet, before ramming Stinger and trying to get its spinning flails to work. With its weapon failing to operate as intended, Ajjay rammed Stinger again twice more, toppling it over and pushing it close to the wall as it slammed into the pit release button. It backed away, slamming into Stinger again, only to drive into a CPZ and narrowly escape an attack from Sir Killalot.
- "Where's Ajjay going here? Ajjay! Ajjay...Ajjay? OK? KO? I think so."
- — Jonathan Pearce watches on as Ajjay backs into Sir Killalot right after dodging him
Ajjay dodged Stinger as it tried to hit the newcomer with its mace, but mistakenly backed into Sir Killalot, who grabbed hold of it with his jaws and lifted it before letting it go and allowing Ajjay to escape. It promptly spun over the Flame Pit and around the arena, before slamming into Stinger again and dodging more of its mace attacks, despite lingering close to the side walls. Eventually, Stinger was caught by Sir Killalot after it too backed into his CPZ, and was lifted and carried across the arena before being dumped over the wall seconds after 'cease' was called. The battle went to the judges, who voted 2-1 in favour of Stinger despite this late attack from Sir Killalot.
- Craig Charles: "You're a spinner, but you can't drive forward and spin at the same time, you just spin and then drive and then spin"
- Liam Ryan: "Well, the way it was supposed to work is that we could do that, but it don't work how it's supposed to work and against these guys, we thought we'd try to just bash them into the pit. That was the tactic."
- Craig Charles: "I tell you one thing, though, you don't bring a robot that doesn't work into the Robot Wars arena. It can sometimes end in tears."
- Liam Ryan: "Well, no doubt we'll find out, or we have found out"
- — Discussing Ajjay's weapons
|AJJAY - RESULTS|
|Extreme Series 1|
Wild Card Warriors
|Wild Card Warriors||vs. Stinger||Lost|
- Wins: 0
- Losses: 1
|Main Series||Ajjay Record|
|The First Wars||Did not enter|
|The Second Wars||Did not enter|
|The Third Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fourth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Fifth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Sixth Wars||Did not enter|
|The Seventh Wars||Did not enter|
|2016 Series||Did not enter|
|2017 Series||Did not enter|
|Robot Wars Extreme||Appearances|
|Series 2||Did not enter|
Outside Robot WarsEdit
Critter's successor, Cyborg, was also built for the Heavyweight Sprint event, and competed in the 2003 Techno Games. Although Cyborg once again lost to Scuttle B-Squared, only two robots participated in the event in the show's final year, meaning Cyborg was awarded a silver medal.